The Governing body of KMCH College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore formulates policy statements periodically and communicates the same to the staff members. The Human Resource Policy is for internal use and the information is authenticated till a revised HR policy is formulated.
The Institution encourages the employees to think, express and share their views in making decisions. The institution recognizes that the cultures, values, loyalty, motivation and involvement are the forerunners of glory for both the institution and the employees.
The Institution works for six days in a week (Monday to Saturday) except first and third Saturdays.
The working hours are from 08.55AM to 05.00 PM for teaching staff and 8.45 AM to 05.15PM for non teaching staff.
The staff has to punch in and punch out based on the punch the attendance will be calculated.
For some positions the job demands extra time for which the staff should be loyal enough to discharge their duties and responsibilities.
1.2 Recruitment, Selection and Joining:
Manpower planning is the first step in recruitment. This has to be carried out at the start and end of each semester. The Principal will put up the requirement for respective department to the Management during the semester. The Management then determines if the vacancy is to be filled with in-house staff or a new employee has to be selected. The rules prescribed for the selection of employees from time to time by AICTE/PCI/University will be followed.
The Post shall be filled up by direct recruitment through open advertisement or by promotion from qualified and eligible internal candidates as directed by the Governing Council. The Governing Council may in special circumstances appoint persons by invitation/deputation/contract basis.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. An interview call letter will be send to the candidates through post/mail. Eligible candidates should attend the interview with all necessary documents/testimonials. The candidates for Assistant / Associate professor are required to give a demo lecture followed by face to face interview by the Selection Committee. Candidates for non-teaching posts are selected based on practical test followed by face to face interview by a Committee.
The selected candidates will be given an offer letter. Based on the offer letter the candidate has to give a letter of consent to the institution. The selected candidate has to submit a joining report to the Secretary. He/She should submit the original certificates along with copies for proof of age, qualification, address etc.
The employee will be given induction training about the dress code and other rules and regulations of the institution are introduced. The employee will be instructed to follow the HR policy which is available in the college website.
1.3 Probation Period:
All appointees will initially be on probation for the first one year of their service and on completion of the probation period will be deemed to be regular.
After the attainment of the basic requirement of experience and qualification the Committee will review the Academic Performance, cadre advancement/promotion will be awarded.
1.5 Background Verification:
Based on the details produced by the employee, background verification will be done by the employer.
The education, service and salary certificates will be validated and if any certificate is found bogus, appropriate action will be taken by the management.
Designation will be given to the staff as per the norms of AICTE/PCI/ The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medial University.
All employees of the institution who are desirous of resigning voluntarily should give proper notice.
The notice period for the teaching staff will be three months and that of non-teaching staff will be one month.
1.8 Dress Code:
- Formal Shirt and Pant
- Black formal shoes
Further, no religious dresses are permitted in the campus during the college hours.
1.9 HR Module Software
We are running Backbone software for the welfare of the employees. Through this the employees can verify their attendance and salary.
The staff can also apply their leave and permission through the above software which is linked to the college website
Compensation & Benefits:
2.1 Leave Policy
- Leave is to be treated not as a right, but as a privilege to be availed with restraint.
- The staff members are eligible to avail leave from the succeeding month of their date of joining.
- It can be either granted or declined by the authorities.
- The members of the staff are expected to be present at all institution Programmes and meeting.
- All staff members shall apply leave and get approval from the Sanctioning Authority one day prior to availing leave in the HR software module with appropriate reasons.
- The period of absence from duty without prior intimation shall be treated as loss of pay.
- Leave should be granted only after alternative arrangements are made, duly signed by the substitute member, failing which the leave application may be rejected. This should be entered in the alternate arrangement register available with the Department.
2.2 Casual Leave
- Each month one day will be allotted which can be carried forward to the next month.
- Maximum of 15 days can be accumulated as un-availed leave.
- Casual leave cannot be combined with any other leave like maternity leave and long leave.
- Holidays or Week-offs falling within the period of casual leave shall not be counted as casual leave.
- The un-availed Casual leave will be carry forwarded to next year.
- The list of holidays will be declared before commencement of the year.
2.4 On Duty
- Maximum of 15 days On Duty can be availed per calendar year.
- The On duty can be availed for External examinations, Paper valuation, Project viva-voce, Board of studies, Committee member for university and other statutory bodies, Presentation of papers in conference, workshop, symposia, Scientific gatherings of professional societies and seminars relevant to their avocation, Deliver lectures in institutions and universities at the invitation of such institutions or universities received by the college, to delegate or work on a committee appointed by the Government of India, State Government, AICTE, PCI or any other body, to attend doctoral committee meeting /appearing course work exams and research meetings.
- To participate in Faculty Development Programme and other training programs, they can use on duty.
2.5 Special On Duty:
- The staff who are assigned duty by the Management for Education fair and Education tour can avail Special on duty.
- The staff who accompanies students to sports / cultural visit can avail special on duty.
2.6 Medical Leave:
- Medical leave is applicable for the staff members from the date of joining.
- 8 days of medical leave will be permitted for each calendar year.
- If Staff members avail more than three days of medical leave, then he/she has to produce valid medical certificate to the HR department on next working day. Otherwise, the leave will be considered as casual leave or leave on loss of pay.
- Half a day of medical leave cannot be availed.
- Medical leave will be applicable from last working day to the date of rejoining for duty after medical leave. The week offs and public holidays falling within this period will also be considered as medical leave only.
2.7 Maternity Leave:
- All Staff Members can avail maternity leave for a maximum period of 6 months which will be treated as loss of pay.
- Employee who avail maternity leave should get prior approval from the management.
- If a staff member is not rejoining for duty within the permitted leave of six months, the staff member will be automatically relieved from the service.
- Maternity leave can be availed to a maximum of two times during the entire service period.
- Maternity leave cannot be combined with any other leave
2.8 Vacation Leave:
- The Vacation days will be declared by the institution for both summer and winter vacations.
- A staff member with less than one year of service and completed six months of service in our institution is eligible for half the vacation.
- Staff member with less than six months of service are not eligible to avail vacation leave
- A Staff member is eligible to avail 21 days of summer vacation (May) and 10 days for winter vacation (December) and they require to report duty during the vacation time in case of necessity.
2.9 Long Leave:
- Leave on loss of pay may be granted to that staff who desires to avail such leave for valid reasons and should be approved in advance.
- The Period of LOP availed shall not be counted for increment.
- Long leave will be sanctioned only for valid medical reasons and for research work.
- Leave on loss of pay can be availed to a maximum of six months only and it cannot be combined with any other leave.
2.10 Compensatory Leave:
- Staff member who is required to work on public holidays and Sundays as instructed by the Management is considered as compensation leave.
- Compensation leave should be availed of within six months from the holiday on which duty is performed.
- Staff members who worked on holidays should give compensation requisition slip to the HR department for availing the benefit immediately on the next working day.
- Staff who have completed one year of service are eligible for increment
- Increment is purely based on experience, attendance, research activities, qualification up-gradation and performance.
- The salary is calculated from 26th of previous month to 25th of the current month.
- Salary will be credited to their bank account.
- Pay slip can be generated through the HR module.
2.13 Employees Provident Fund (EPF):
- The eligible members of the staff are enrolled in the Employees Provident Fund scheme (EPF) and the contribution as prescribed by the EPF Act is deducted from their salary. The deducted amount along with the Management contribution will be deposited in the EPF account every month.
- Universal Account Number will be provided in the pay slip.
- Settlement of PF and loan will be processed as per the instructions from EPFO.
2.14 Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC):
- The staff members are enrolled in the ESIC as prescribed in the ESIC Act.
- The employee contribution is deducted from salary.
- The employee and employer contribution will be deposited in ESIC account every month.
- The individual Insured Person (IP) number will be provided and the employees can register in the ESI and avail benefits in the ESI hospitals.
- All the employees are covered under group Accident Insurance Scheme. In case of accidents, they are eligible to avail all benefits as per the conditions prescribed in the scheme.
- Medical insurance is also been given to the employees and it is optional.
- The employees can avail college transport facility from various parts of the city.
- The details regarding the route and timings can be obtained from the transport department.
- Staff has to pay the transport fee at the commencement of every academic year.
- The employees can avail hostel facility if needed.
- Well Ventilated Rooms are available at minimal cost and hygienic food is also provided.
- The college has Canteen that caters to the needs of the staff where snacks and food are sold at a minimal price.